This listing is for one skein (100g unless otherwise noted) of this wonderful yarn, which is hand dyed in my signature paint brush method- literally painting the colors onto the yarn. This colorway features a palindrome variegated colorway of black, red orange, and fire orange. This style of dyeing yarn makes it perfect for planned color pooling in weaving, knitting, and crochet.
This colorway is also available in our Mini Halloween set, sold separately.
Please see the bottom of this listing for a write-up of the bases available which you can choose from (we have everything from super basic to ultra luxury! We also occasionally other weights of yarn not listed, but since quantities can fluctuate we rarely have them listed as a default base available. Contact us if you want a yarn weight or base blend that you do not see).
For more detailed information about each base, please see our Yarn Bases page.
Every skein that you receive will look very similar to what you see in the photos, though no two skeins will be perfectly identical due to the way this colorway is dyed and also depending on what base you choose. If you plan to use multiple skeins for a project, please try to buy them all at once so we can make sure they match as closely as possible.
Bases available for this colorway:
Fingering Weight Bases:
- Roo - 50/50 SW Merino/Silk; 4-Ply, 438 yards
- Slinky- 80/20 SW Merino/Silk; 2-Ply, 400 yards
- I Knead This More- 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon; 435 yards, 4-Ply
- I Knead This More- 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon; 600 yards, 2-Ply, High Twist, 150g 600 yard skeins
- Cozy - 70/20/10 SW Merino/Silk/Cashmere; 4-Ply, 437 yards
- Voo - 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Gold Sparkle; 2-Ply, 438 yards
- Shimmer - 90/10 SW Merino/ Silver Sparkle, 2-Ply, 411 yards
- Peek-A-Boo - 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon, 2-ply, 463 yards
- Schmoozie - 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon, 4-ply, 463 yards
- Bright Eyes - 75/25 SW BFL/Nylon, 4-ply, 463 yards
Other weight bases currently on hand that we recommend for this colorway:
- Slinky LACE - 80%/20% superwash Merino/Silk, 2 ply 875yards/100g skein
- Regal DK- 50/50 Silk/SW Merino, 231 yards
- Schmoozie DK- 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon, 4-ply, 246 yards
- Chubby Worsted - 100% SW Merino 8-ply, 218 yards.
- Bulky - 100% SW Merino 4-ply, 106 yards
Bases available by custom request of 5+ skeins:
Purrty - 55/45 SW Bluefaced Leicester/45 Silk; 4-Ply, 438 yards
Long Dog- Single Ply; 100% SW Merino; 434 Yards
Tail Chaser - 100% SW Merino; 2-ply, 400 yards
Koos - 50/50 SW Merino/Tencel; 3-ply, 412 yards
Flutter- 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Bamboo; 4ply, 436 yards
Yak Luxury - 50% Silk, 50% Yak, 4ply yarn, 437 yds per 100g
Sport - 100% superwash Merino, 3ply yarn 328 yards
Little Legs DK- Single Ply; 100% SW Merino DK , 240 yards
BFL Aran - 100% SW BFL, 2-ply, 181 yards
Merino Aran - 100% SW Merino, 3-ply, 181 yards
I Knead This Aran - 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere,10% Nylon, 3ply yarn 181 yards
Tubby- Extra Bulky Single 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon, 72 yards
Superwash merino is special because it is treated in such a way that it will not felt the way normal wool does, so it your stitches will remain crisp. That being said, we still suggest hand washing your item when you finish making it, and laying it flat to dry, just as you would with any hand made item.
As with all hand dyed items, we recommend hand washing your yarn/finished item in cool water and laying it flat to dry. We rinse this yarn until the water runs crystal clear, but small amounts of excess dye may rarely come off with the first couple of washings. If this happens, rest assured that it is only excess dye and should not affect the coloring of your yarn in any way. If a large amount of bleeding ever occurs with any of our items, please contact us so we can make it right. We always recommend hand washing hand made items to preserve the longevity of your beautiful work. Please keep in mind that we try our best to accurately represent the color of our yarn, but different monitors may display the colors differently.