All of our bases are named after our pets or ourselves, based on certain traits in the yarn. The bases available will vary depending on our inventory and time of the year - if you don't see what you want on the yarn listing, please message us to check and see if we have it in stock. We periodically rotate certain bases out and can usually get more of a retired base if you need it for your project.
Current Bases Available
Fingering Weight Bases - Luxury Blends:
- Roo - 50/50 SW Merino/Silk; 4-Ply, 438 yards - This yarn is shiny and may take the colors a hint lighter than other bases due to the high shine in the silk
- Belle - ULTRA fine 16 micron SW Merino/Cashmere/Silk - 75/15/10 437 yards per 100g - This is the softest base that we carry and it the most luxurious
- Slinky- 80/20 SW Merino/Silk; 2-Ply, 400 yards
- Slinky 150g - 80/10/10 SW Merino/Silk; 600 yards, 2-Ply - this is a great choice for shawls
- I Knead This More- 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon; 435 yards, 4-Ply - Ultra soft yarn - almost as soft as Belle
- Silky Sock - 75/25 Ultra Fine SW Merino/Silk 4-ply: 437 yards. Takes dye better than Roo but still has beautiful shine and drape, great for shawls.
- Precious - 60% Fine Superwash Merino Wool /20% Superkid Mohair/20% Mulberry Silk - 383 yards. This yarn is exquisitely soft with a gorgeous light fuzzy halo.
Fingering Weight Bases - Basic Blends:
- Voo - 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Gold Sparkle; 2-Ply, 438 yards
- Shimmer - 90/10 SW Merino/ Silver Sparkle, 2-Ply, 411 yards
- Squishy Sock - 85/15 Ultra fine SW Merino/Nylon, 4 ply, 437 yards per 100g - This is our favorite soft sock yarn and is noticeably softer than the other basic blends
- Schmoozie - 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon, 4-ply, 463 yards - This is a good in between option with a softness somewhere between Squishy Sock and Bright Eyes. It's a great option if you need a slightly thinner sock yarn with more yardage and a good wear strength.
- Bright Eyes - 75/25 SW BFL/Nylon, 4-ply, 463 yards - This is the sock yarn you want to choose for ultra strong socks, but is not as soft as the other bases
- Summer Singles- Single Ply; 90% Ultra Fine SW Merino/10% Linen; 394 Yards.
Other weight bases:
- Slinky LACE - 80/20 Superwash Merino/Silk, 2 ply 875 yards/100g skein
- Sassy Sport - 100% SW Merino, 328 yards - we occasionally have 2-ply, 3-ply, and occasionally have 4-ply. This ply in this base is subject to change but we'll always keep some form of basic Sport in stock.
- Regal DK- 50/50 Silk/SW Merino 4-ply, 231 yards - takes color lighter than other bases. Soon to be retired.
- Silky DK- the DK weight version of Silky Sock - 75/25 Ultra Fine SW Merino/Silk 4-ply: 231 yards. This yarn will soon be replacing Regal, which we'll be retiring.
- I Knead This DK- 80/10/10 Ultra Fine SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon, 4-ply, 246 yards
- Schmoozie DK - 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon 4-ply, 246 yards
- Baby Aran - 80/20 SW Merino/Baby Alpaca 2-ply, 191 yards - this yarn has a gorgeous tight twist with the added warmth and comfort of Alpaca. Soon to be retired
- Cuddle Aran - 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon, 3-ply, 181 yards. This is a wonderful MCN yarn that is incredibly soft and thick for a quick knit. Perfect for baby blankets.
- Chubby Worsted - 100% SW Merino 4-ply, 219 yards.
- Squishy Bulky- 100% Ultra Fine SW Merino 2-ply, 106 yards.