We have a wide variety of yarn bases available, from lace weight to bulky. The majority of our bases come in fingering (and/or sock yarn) weight due to its immense versatility and popularity.
All of our bases are named after our pets or ourselves, based on certain traits in the yarn.
Our Hlao-Roo Themed Collection is named after our simpleton of a kitty, who happens to look like spun silver. This is our luxury line of yarns, primarily silk and cashmere, but occasionally contains other fibers as well.
- Roo - 50/50 SW Merino/Silk; 438 yards per 100g skein, 4-Ply. Fingering. Notes about this base: This is currently our favorite base. The strength, softness, and shine of the silk makes this a true luxury blend.
- Slinky - 80/20 SW Merino/Silk; 400 yards per 100g skein, 2-Ply. Fingering. This base adds just a touch of silk for strength and shine. The 2-ply nature means that the yarn has a gorgeous texture to it similar to handspun yarn.
- Nippy - 80/20 SW Merino/Silk; 438 yards per 100g skein, 4-ply. Fingering. While this yarn has the same fiber content as Slinky, it does not feel quite as soft - likely due to the way the yarn is twisted and plied. It's a good option though if you're looking for a hint of luxury without a higher silk content. It does tend to soften with a washing or two.
- Grey Lightning - 60/20/20 SW Merino/Yak/Silk; 400 yards/skein, 3-Ply. Fingering. Notes about this base: This is incredibly soft and beautiful. The yak is a brownish grey color, which looks great over dyed. That being said, colors dyed on this base will take on some of that yak color, so it will change how the colors appear.
- I Knead This- 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon; 400 yards, 2-Ply, High Twist (available in 100g 400 yard skeins as well as 150g 600 yard skeins). Fingering. A super soft yarn that gives a tiny halo of Cashmere. Although it's a 2 ply yarn, the high twist ensures that it will hold up well for socks and other projects.
- Cozy - 70/20/10 SW Merino/Silk/Cashmere 437 yards/100g, 4-Ply. Fingering. Notes about this base: This is one of the softest bases that we have, and it gives an incredibly luxurious feel.
- Regal- Silk DK 50% Silk, 50% Superwash Merino; 231 yards per 100gr skein, DK weight (light worsted). This is just like our Roo base, only thicker. Absolutely stunning and it practically glows! Takes dye just beautifully and is incredibly soft.
Our Nessiloo Themed Collection: Inspired by our kitty Nessiloo. Made from non-merino wool such as BFL (Blue Faced Leicester).
- Purrty - 55/45 SW Bluefaced Leicester/ Silk; 438 yards, 4-Ply, Fingering. Notes about this base: This is an ideal base for a long-lasting sock. The BFL is a sturdier wool than Merino is, and it will not felt due to the superwash treatment it has undergone. The silk adds both strength and incredible softness to this blend, and the 4 ply ensures that socks made from this base will last for a very long time. This is one of the most luxurious bases that we carry, and is tied for our favorite only with our Roo base.
- Bright Eyes - 75/25 Superwash Bluefaced Leicester/ Nylon; 4-ply, 464 yards/100g. Fingering. This wool is not as soft as merino, but is significantly stronger. It is still next to skin soft for the most part, and the 4 ply nature make it an ideal wool for socks that will last a lifetime while still being comfortable to wear. Takes dye beautifully.
Our Vinny Themed Collection: A collection of sparkly and otherwise flamboyant yarn inspired by a grouchy little Maltese that we love.
- Voo - 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Stellina Gold-toned; 438 yards/100g, 2-Ply. Fingering. The gold tone is slightly more understated than in our Anklebiter base, and the 2 ply twist looks similar to hand spun yarn, which we love.
- Anklebiter - 92% Superwash Merino Wool / 8% Sparkle: 4-ply, 409 yards / skein. Fingering. Has a 4 ply twist that will hold up well in most projects, with a bright and bold silver sparkle.
Our Henry Themed Collection: These yarns are inspired by our African Grey parrot. The Nylon provides strength and practicality, while not sacrificing beauty. Plus, Henry is a tough little cookie.
- Peek-A-Boo: 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon: 463 Yards, 2-ply. Fingering. This yarn has the classic gorgeous look of a 2 ply yarn, with an incredible amount of yardage. Perfect for one skein shawl projects and other similar projects.
- Schmoozie: 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon: 463 Yards, 4-ply. With all of the perks of our Peek-A-Boo base, but a stronger 4-ply twist that is perfect for a really solid pair of socks or other garments that might see some wear and tear.
Our Hisella Themed Collection: Reliable, practical, comfortable yarn (singles and pure wool). Inspired by our weiner dog, Hisella.
- Long Dog - Single Ply; 100% SW Merino Fingering; 434 Yards / 100g skein.
- Little Legs - Single Ply; 100% SW Merino DK , 240 yards/ 100g skein.
- Tubby - Single Ply; 80/20 SW Merino/Nylon Bulky, 76 yards / 100g skein.
- Tail Chaser - 100% SW Merino; 400 yards/100g Skein, 2-ply. Fingering. Notes about this base: This base takes color brilliantly, and is best used for things like shawls, hats, mitts, etc.
Our Crocky Themed Collection: This collection is named after my favorite little "person" in the world, our rescue Cockatoo. She is soft and beautiful and has a gorgeous shine to her, so we have given her the cellulose blended yarns.
- Koos: 50/50 SW Merino/Tencel; 412 yards, 3-ply. Fingering. Notes about this base: This base is extremely soft and has an ultra bright sheen to it due to the Tencel's transluscent, reflective qualities. The wool absorbs dye nicely, while the tencel rejects it, creating a really unique appearance. Tencel is an eco-friendly cellulose fiber that is ultra breathable, light, and naturally anti-bacterial.
- Flutter: 60/30/10 SW Merino/ Bamboo/ Nylon; 434 yards, 3-ply. Fingering. Notes about this base: This base has a subtle luster to it due to the bamboo. Colors dyed on this base will appear slightly lighter than they would on pure wool or silk blends due to the bamboo rejecting the acid dye. The bamboo creates a nice breathable fabric when worked up, and this is over all a very nice base to work with
- Tap Dance: 100% Organic Pima Cotton; 4-ply, 437 yards/ 100g skein. Fingering.
Our Husband Themed Collection is non superwash blends.
- Niel: 45% Baby alpaca/ 45% Merino/ 10% cultivated silk, 2 ply, 245 yards/ skein. DK weight. Notes about this base: This is an incredibly soft base that words can't quite describe. Baby alpaca reminds me of cashmere, and for good reason. This base does not take color as well as superwash blends or high silk blends do, so it works best on lighter colorways.
- Comfort - 50/50 Merino/Silk, 180 yards/skein. Aran Weight. Notes about this base: This is an ultra soft base that is absolutely decadent to the touch. The bulky style of this yarn will make it work up quickly. It takes color better than most Non Superwash blends due to the high silk content, and has a great deal of shine due to the silk as well.