"Seashore Sunrise- Gradient"
This listing is for one 100g skein of this wonderful yarn, which is hand dyed in my signature paint brush method- literally painting the colors onto the yarn.
It is hand dyed in a GRADIENT pattern, which means it has a long color change over the course of the entire skein of yarn ( light pastel aqua to peach with hints of light Sandy brown). Gradients are more time consuming to dye because they have to be knitted into one large blank before we can dye them, so they are priced slightly higher than our variegated yarns are.
The default base in the photos is our Slinky Lace base. We typically have multiple skeins in our default base available to ship immediately, while other blends are custom dyed and take 3-5 business days on average to send out.
Please see the bottom of this listing for a write-up of the other bases available which you can choose from (we have everything from super basic to ultra luxury! We also occasionally carry lace weight and other weights of yarn, but since quantities can fluctuate we rarely have them listed as a default base available. Contact us if you want a yarn weight or base blend that you do not see).
For more detailed information about each base, please see our Yarn Bases page.
Every skein that you receive will look very similar to what you see in the photos, though no two skeins will be perfectly identical due to the way this colorway is dyed and also depending on what base you choose. If you plan to use multiple skeins for a project, please try to buy them all at once so we can make sure they match as closely as possible.
Bases available for this colorway:
Fingering Weight Bases:
- Roo - 50/50 SW Merino/Silk; 4-Ply, 438 yards
- Slinky- 80/20 SW Merino/Silk; 2-Ply, 400 yards
- Purrty - 55/45 SW Bluefaced Leicester/45 Silk; 4-Ply, 438 yards
- Grey Lightning - 60/20/20 SW Merino/Yak/Silk; 3-Ply, 400 yards (Grey/brown color of this base will alter the color of the final dyed skein if you choose this option).
- I Knead This- 80/10/10 SW Merino/Cashmere/Nylon; 400 yards, 2-Ply, High Twist (available in 100g 400 yard skeins as well as 150g 600 yard shawl-length skeins).
- Cozy - 70/20/10 SW Merino/Silk/Cashmere; 4-Ply, 437 yards
- Voo - 75/20/5 SW Merino/Nylon/Gold Sparkle; 2-Ply, 438 yards
- Shimmer - 90% Superwash Merino Wool / 10% Silver Sparkle: 2-ply, 411 yards
- Peek-A-Boo - 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon, 2-ply, 463 yards
- Schmoozie - 75/25 SW Merino/Nylon, 4-ply, 463 yards
- Long Dog- Single Ply; 100% SW Merino; 434 Yards
- Tail Chaser - 100% SW Merino; 2-ply, 400 yards
- Koos - 50/50 SW Merino/Tencel; 3-ply, 412 yards
- Flutter- 60/30/10 SW Merino/Bamboo/Nylon, 3-Ply, 434 yards
- Bright Eyes: 75/25 SW BFL/Nylon 4-ply, 463 yards
- Schnitzel- 100% SW Merino quarter round, 438 yards
Other weight bases currently on hand that we recommend for this colorway:
- Slinky LACE - 80/20 SW Merino/Silk 875 yards
- Little Legs - Single Ply; 100% SW Merino DK , 240 yards/ 100g skein.
- Tap Dance DK: 100% Organic Pima Cotton 218 yards
- Regal DK: 50/50 SW Merino/Silk 231 yards
- Worsted 8 ply 100% SW Merino 218 yards
Superwash merino is special because it is treated in such a way that it will not felt the way normal wool does, so it your stitches will remain crisp. That being said, we still suggest hand washing your item when you finish making it, and laying it flat to dry, just as you would with any hand made item.
As with all hand dyed items, we recommend hand washing your yarn/finished item in cool water and laying it flat to dry. We rinse this yarn until the water runs crystal clear, but small amounts of excess dye may rarely come off with the first couple of washings. If this happens, rest assured that it is only excess dye and should not affect the coloring of your yarn in any way. If a large amount of bleeding ever occurs with any of our items, please contact us so we can make it right. We always recommend hand washing hand made items to preserve the longevity of your beautiful work.
We recommend using cool water and a neutral soap, such as baby shampoo, when blocking your finished item if you are knitting or crocheting it.